Parent Meeting & Movie Night
This coming Monday, October 27th, our Troop will have two special events starting at 7:00 p.m.:
- All parents are encouraged to attend a Troop planning meeting.
- The Scouts will be watching Shrek for movie night in place of their regular meeting.
Saturday Merit Badge Reminder
Our Troop has the opportunity to earn the Genealogy Merit Badge at The Durham Museum (Get Directions) this Saturday, October 25th, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Bring $12.00 to the museum with you or you won’t be able to participate. Email Paul Dietsch at email@example.com by Thursday night if you would like to go and haven’t already signed up.
Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge
Mr. Boerrigter has started the Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge. It will likely take a couple of months to complete this Badge. Meetings will be held weekly. First Year Scouts will meet for ten minutes following Troop Meetings. Older Scouts will meet during the Meeting.
Please make sure your Scout(s) read the Merit Badge Worksheet to be discussed at the next Troop Meeting. You will not need to print out the Merit Badge Worksheet as they will be provided. Please be sure to bring the worksheet to Troop Meetings EVERY week.
Please email Mr. Boerrigter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Make sure to get a Blue Card filled out and signed by Mr. Short.
November Backpacking Campout
The November campout will be on the 8th and 9th of November at Indian Cave State Park (Get Directions). We will meet at the Church early Saturday morning. Everyone should have eaten breakfast on their own. This is the backpacking campout. There will be a “What to Pack” demonstration at the meeting on November 3rd. If you don’t have a backpack, the Troop and other families have several available for use. See Mr. Short at a meeting or e-mail him at email@example.com to arrange to borrow one.
Popcorn Sales End this Weekend
There are FOUR days remaining for popcorn sales!!! All money, unsold popcorn, and orders for more popcorn are due to Cathy Thomas no later than Sunday, October 26th. She is available on Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The address is 7544 South 198th Street (Get Directions). Please call Cathy at 402-871-8674 if you wish to stop by before Sunday.
- All orders need to be on one order form or a separate sheet of paper with the Scout’s name and the items which need to be ordered.
- The money for any popcorn you are ordering is also due Sunday at the time the order is placed.
- Please bring any empty popcorn boxes that were given with popcorn pickup.
- The Troop is not allowed to return chocolate popcorn (items B or VV). Scouts can return these items to me and they will be re-distributed to Scouts who need them.
- Scouts will be notified of any partial orders which may be filled from returned items shortly after sales are finalized.
- Scouts may expect to receive the popcorn you are ordering around November 23rd.